The Mummy & The Minx Book Club!
In the new year we will be kicking off a little Book Club. We were once avid book club members in a past life, but then lots and lots of babies happened, and it all just sort of stopped.
We’ve decided to get back on the book club wagon, and we would love for you to join us. Each quarter we will choose a book and read it. We have yet to decide how we will discuss the book but we would love your feedback. Actually, we’d like your feedback on two things:
- Suggested books, and
- How would you like to discuss said book? Online chat? Face to face at a cafe one evening?
The first book we have chosen is: Yes Please by Amy Poehler. I have started it and so far it is really good. Very honest, real, laugh out loud and ah-haa moments. So if you haven’t finished your Christmas list yet, make sure you add this to it.
Other suggested reading…
For me personally, one of the best things about this time of year is hitting the beach with a good book or two and some magazines.
In an effort to lighten your decision-making load this Christmas, we have pulled together some books that we think will be a top read over the silly season. Now, we haven’t read all of these, but we wish we had the time too!
- Yes Please, Amy Poehler
- The Wife Drought, Annabel Crabb
- Adam Spencer’s Big Book of Numbers, Adam Spencer
- Not that Kind of Girl, Lena Dunham
- My Story, Julia Gillard
- I am Malala, Malala Yousafzai
- Gone Girl, Gillian Flynn
- Courting Trouble, Kathy Lette
- The Strays, Emily Bitto
- The Signature of All Things, Elizabeth Gilbert
- The Narrow Road to the Deep North, Richard Flannagan
Magazines (ones that will make you feel good and smart)
- The Renegade Collective