As part of this month’s challenge, I sat down with my intentions for this year and translated them into affirmations.
I wanted to share them with you.
So they are written, and they look darn cute (if I do say so myself) – but will they work? I did a little research into how you can get affirmations to work, and here’s what I am going tor try:
- You need to commit to reading them and speaking them daily. I am going to put them on my phone case and before I do any social checking in the morning, I will be reminding myself of my affirmations.
- They need to connect to something real – I am going to add my business purpose into the affirmation cards and ensure that I clearly understand the link between what I am trying to tell my mind and what I am setting myself up to achieve.
- When I am facing self-doubt, a particular problem or anxiety, I am going to remind myself of these affirmations and apply them to the problem at hand.
- Everyone has an inner coach and an inner critic. Very often the inner critic’s voice is stronger than the coach. I am going to answer my inner critic with these affirmations, and hopefully strengthen my inner coach by committing to them. If I hear the inner critic say things like “sheessh, really? affirmations? who do you think you are?”, I will remind myself that it’s not a helpful voice.
- I hope this will work – and it might – but my inner critic is also deeply cynical about anything “woo-woo”. I think my inner coach is a little embarrassed by it all. So, I will keep an open mind.