The idea behind the award is to promote newer or lesser known blogs and share the bloggy love. You are given 11 questions and asked to reveal 11 random things about yourself. Then you nominate 11 ace blogs and they continue to share the Liebster love.
It was quite fun answering these questions, and I hope it gives you a little insight into what makes this particular corner of the internet tick.
The 11 Liebster Award Questions posed by House of Many Minions
1. What pushed you over the edge to take your blog from an idea to a reality?
I have another blog called chasing his sunshine. I started writing it as a way to mother my son who died by SIDS and come to term with parenting after loss. It was my therapy. After a while, I realised that I wanted to blog about things outside of grief but I also wanted to keep that space dedicated to those who were grieving. Sarah was also blogging and wanted to take her writing in a different direction. We were chatting one day about wanting an inspiring space for mothers who were feeling a bit lost about their identity after having kids. And that’s how the Mummy and the Minx was born.
2. Which bloggers inspire you? Why?
All the bloggers really! The amount of amazing creativity and generosity is overwhelming.
But in particular, Amanda from Cooker and a Looker. Amanda and I went to school together and when my son died, she was one of the few people who really understood what grief meant. I have watched (in quiet awe) as she has grown her blog. Her site is gorgeous and well-designed, her writing is perfect and her photography is stunning. How she manages a food blog, whilst taking care of her precious daughters and co-running the farm with her husband, I am not entirely sure. But hats off indeed.
3. Vegemite, promite or marmite?
Vegemite. No contest.
4. Tell us about one of your most cherished memories.
My mum teaching my sister and I to sew. I still sew and I love it when we do it together.
5. Your favourite blogging tip
I’ll steal this from the recently launched bloggers & bacon (you should probably check it out) – don’t compare your beginning with someone else’s middle
6. The best life lesson you learnt from high school?
That masseuse sandals, a Canterbury jersey and ruggers are the pinnacle of fashion IF you wear with them with right attitude. I went to an all girls school (with a uniform) and oddly this was the pseudo uniform adopted by our grade when we had free dress.
7. Summer or winter?
Summer – I would live on the beach if I could.
8. What do you love most about yourself?
Through some very hard life lessons, I have learned to let go and not sweat the small stuff. And to be honest, most of it is small stuff. Apart from when it comes to my kids. Then I am a total Mamma Bear.
9. If you could meet one person, famous or average Susie walking down the street, who would you meet?
It’s so cliché, but I love Audrey Hepburn. The lady had it all – class, style and a compassionate heart.
10. Spare time? Where can we find you if you get it?
Hiding from my children so that I can I get some more of it. Probably reading.
11. Lastly, if you had 48 hours completely to yourself, how would you spend them?
I would drive to the beach and find a good camping spot. Pitch a tent. Read, swim & write.
Now for 11 Random Facts About Me.
- I was brought up vegetarian
- Both my parents speak multiple languages and I speak only one. Duped.
- I won a writing competition when I was teenager and it funded my schoolies trip (which I was barred from going to unless I could pay for it myself)
- I didn’t get my license until I was thirty.
- My husband and I first met when I was sixteen but we didn’t start dating until I was twenty-one and didn’t get married until I was twenty-eight.
- I didn’t get my ears pierced until I was in my early twenties.
- I got a belly button piercing prior to getting my ears pierced. I do not still have it.
- I am allergic to cats.
- I have never mown a lawn.
- I have never seen Pulp Fiction. I just pretend I have.
- When I was ten years old I was convinced that the Baby Sitters Club was real and I was desperate to meet Dawn. Preferably at Summer Camp.
I am completely in love with, and in awe of, so so so so many bloggers. Many of whom have already done Liebster posts and I have been enjoying reading them. These are eleven completely wonderful blogs that I am nominating for Liebster Awards (that I don’t believe have been nominated before):
- Not so Nanna
- Gold Dust Days
- Well Planned Wife
- A Little Bit of Thyme
- Sew Crafty Goodness
- Still Not a Journal
- A Quirky Bird
- Mrs Tiddly Pip
- Poppy Collated
- Champagne and Chips
- Stress Less Jess
Gorgeous bloggers, these are my questions for you (feel free to keep answers short if you want):
1. Chocolate, Strawberry, Vanilla milkshake?
2. Best invention ever?
3. The one thing you cannot live without …
4. Favourite book from your childhood …
5. One thing you just cannot understand why people do (for me it’s drivers indicating a turn when there is no other option but to turn) …
6. How do you take your coffee?
7. What was the last thing you received in the mail?
8. Favourite social media hangout?
9. Beach or Rainforest?
10. Do you have a cult/classic movie/novel that you have never seen/read but kind of pretend you have?
11. What was your first ever blog post (not necessarily your current blog – like your first FIRST – mine was: Social Networking and Law Firms back in 2008)
Each nominee has to follow six easy rules:
1. Acknowledge the blog that nominated you & display the Liebster Award on your blog.
2. Answer eleven questions that the blogger gives you.
3. Give eleven random facts about yourself.
4. Nominate eleven blogs that you think are deserving of the award, have less than 200 followers (Go off the number of Facebook and/or Bloglovin’ followers if you can tell from the blog and note that this seems to be a bit of a flexible requirement).
5. Let those bloggers know you’ve nominated them.
6. Give them eleven questions to answer
Have you done a Liebster Award post? Link it up in the comments below – I would love to read it, even if it’s been a while!