For the last couple of years I have followed and admired Taryn Brumfitt and her Body Image Movement. I have marvelled at her, her energy and the love that she consistently shows herself and her amazing attitude towards her own body. I often wondered, “what’s a girl got to do to feel like that?” When I heard that Taryn had joined forces with Gemma Munro (the superwoman behind Inkling Women) and created The Unstoppable Program, I was pretty much sold.
Then I read this, and I was like, “TAKE MY GOD DAMN MONEY NOW!” …
Unstoppable is for you if you are looking to create positive and long-lasting change in your life. It’s for you if you have dreamed of a life you adore waking up to each day, but you’re not quite sure of the right steps to get there. It’s for you if you’re keen to challenge yourself – to reﬂect and to transform by doing the work. Mostly, it’s for you if – even when you’re mired in lack of conﬁdence and self-doubt, there’s a tiny voice in your head urging you that a life that is joyous is absolutely possible. It’s for you if you want some practical advice and loving support to unleash your joy and untame your spirit.
So in an act of kindness to myself, I decided to sign up and became one of the first “UnstoppaBellas”. Unstoppable is a six week online program and like everything in life, you get out what you put in. I choose to invest quite deeply and participated in all the avenues available. I am not going to share Unstoppable’s methods, that wouldn’t be fair to Taryn and Gemma, but I will share with you how I have changed since completing it:
- I worked out how I want my life to feel. I now live my life in a way that supports me achieving these feelings.
- I am slowly but surely becoming more real. Bit by bit I am taking off the mask and not behaving in a way that makes others feel comfortable and covering up what’s really going on with me.
- I’ve learnt that I need to push my boundaries, take risks and lean into discomfort if I want to change.
- I have learnt how to recognise, rationalise and overcome negative self-talk.
- I respect and nurture my body. I fuel it and move it. I look at food for what it is – fuel to make my body work. If I put the good stuff in, I am going to get good performance out. (It is totally ok to eat pasta and red wine – because sometimes that makes you feel just as unstoppable as a green smoothie!)
- I have learnt that nurturing myself is not a luxury, it is a necessity.
- My relationship with myself and my husband has improved. My patience and tolerance for almost everything has increased. I am more mindful, open, and honest.
I got a lot out of the program. So much so that I approached Taryn and Gemma once I was finished and told them about The Mummy & The Minx. I asked them if they would be willing to give away a place to one of our beautiful readers on their next Unstoppable Program, which kicks off in March. I was so delighted when they said “YES!”
If Unstoppable sounds like something you need in your life, comment below or send us an email. We will draw a name at random on Friday 20 February 2015. The winner will receive a place in the March 2015 intake of the Unstoppable Program
Seriously, what have you got to loose?
THIS COMPETITION IS NOW CLOSED
N.B: This is not a sponsored post. I participated in The Unstoppable Program on my own accord. I paid for the course myself. All opinions shared here are my own.
Sarah (not quite back, but popping in!)