Not that long ago, style inspiration came from magazines and people watching and that was about it. The internet and social media have opened up so many new windows on style. We have gorgeous style bloggers (I hope you don’t mind me masquerading as one for a month). We have sites dedicated to street style (same faves below). People sharing their outfits on Instagram and their inspirations on Pinterest. We have so many online goodies to choose from, with a whole wide world of shopping at our fingertips. We can watch fashion shows being lived streamed from all corners of the globe. We can even customise shoes and bikinis through online magic. Fashion has become truly democratic. And whilst some will mourn that, I think it’s a good thing.
Here are some of my favourite style people and sites.
Stylish Instagram Feeds I Adore
These are real women whom I relate to. I love their feeds and blogs, in part, because they are attainable. But I also love striking pictures of clothes that I can only dream of wearing as much as the next girl. For those kinds of online style icons, check this über cool list out.
For some stylish ladies that are keeping it real, read on.
- Steele My Style Sally posts the funniest, raddest, rudest pictures – if you like things a little random and a lot glittery she will definitely make you smile.
- Saramai Jewels This lady rocks it. Always.
- The Stylish Woman Beautiful images and gorgeous personal style.
- The Style Within She makes bargain look beautiful. Always.
- Beach Style Mum We have a similar aesthetic and so I love seeing what she puts together
- Morgs71 This girl can rock a skinny jean like no-one’s business.
- Kimba Likes I love her quirky take on fashion
Style Bloggers who Rock My World
- Styling You Nikki Parkinson needs no introduction and I love her practical advice, the way she writes as though you are chatting with a (stylish and knowledge) friend and her realistic styling. She also crushed hard on Nina Proudman – which clearly makes her awesome.
- Sonia Styling Sonia’s post are playful, fun and real. And her dog is so so so gorgeous.
- Pretty Chuffed Jasmine always picks out clothes I absolutely adore at a price point I can actually afford.
- Hipster Mum Beautiful pics. Beautiful posts. Lots of inspiration for living a beautiful (& stylishly hipster) life.
- Steele My Style Sally is one the most talented stylists out there and she has a wicked sense of humour. I love her posts, her advice and her swagger.
Style Sites – the kinds you fall down
- Polyvore reminds me of those paper dolls I had as a kid that you could dress up in different outfits. You can create all sorts of amazing layouts and magazine style images, using a seemingly endless amount of clothing. It’s great to use as an outfit planning tool and I love seeing what others have put together as a form of inspiration.
- StreetPeeper gathers street style from all corners of the globe – loads of fun and inspiration and longing for weather that would allow gorgeous coats and scarves!
- Fashionista Events keeps you on the pulse with all things fashionista, sales and pop-up stores going on in Brisbane.
- Look Book more gorgeous street style in a bit of a different format to Street Peeper.
- Chictopia the difference with this great street style site is that you can put in your own measurements and check out outfits created by people who are a similar shape and build. Genius.
- Il Tuto sell the loveliest handbags and the kinds of baby bags that are actually as stylish as they are practical.
- Sly Pony Seriously gorgeous resin jewellery flecked with metallics. The clever ladies over at Gold Dust Days discovered this gem!
- Sonni Lou The cutest little things at very tiny prices.
Just so you know, none of the above are sponsored mentions – I just love them.